The First American Volunteer Group (AVG), called the Flying Tigers, quickly gained fame for their fearless airborne pursuits in World War II. This squadron of pilots from the US Army Air Corps, Navy, and Marine Corps used every advantage their iconic planes could offer them. Their success record and distinctive equipment made them one of the most recognizable and respected groups in military history. The Flying Tigers bold design is fitting as the first Limited Edition using the Torrey Pines frame.
The Flying Tigers Torrey Pines are modeled after the iconic shark-faced Curtiss P-40s flown by the AVG. A brown-green camouflage base covers the frame while metal seams and rows of rivets represent the craft’s armored hull. The squadron’s distinctive nose art, a menacing shark face, scowls from each arm. A bullseye and yellow end cap finish off each arm, while polarized red sunset lenses and shining silver K logos lend the pair one last touch of power.
Torrey Pines provide extra-wide lens coverage, UV400 protection, and spring hinges to accommodate even the largest faces. Every pair comes with an At Altitude protective pouch and a hand-numbered edition card.
- Brown-green camouflaged base with metal seams and rows of rivets.
- A bulls eye and a menacing shark face on each arm.
- Polarized red sunset lenses.
- FDA approved impact resistant lenses with full UV400 protection.
- At Altitude microfiber pouch and hand-numbered edition card.
57mm Lens | 18mm Bridge | 137mm Temple
Frame: 146mm Width | 53mm Height
- Medium to larger sized head shape.
- Best for round, long/rectangular, oval, or diamond-shaped faces.
We work very hard to deliver the best possible service.
We charge a flat rate of $5 for US orders $49 or less. US orders over $50 ship free. Customer orders placed before 12 pm Mountain Time, Monday–Friday will usually ship that same day.
Orders placed after 12 pm MDT Monday–Thursday will ship within 24 hours. Orders placed later than 12 pm MDT on Friday (or during the weekend) will ship the following Monday. In all cases we will try our best to exceed these minimum expectations.
For additional details on shipping including international orders, please see our FAQ page.
- Returned / exchanged items must be in 100% resalable condition (unworn, unused, undamaged)
- Timeframe begins at original purchase date
- All returns and exchanges must be initiated from original point of sale (i.e.: advancedprimate.com)
If you have additional questions or would like to initiate a return we are available Monday - Friday 9 am to 5 pm mountain time. The fastest way to get in started with your return or exchange is by emailing email@example.com.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.